Gridiron Flag Football
Flag Football provides safe and fun gameplay for school age boys and girls. This program is designed to introduce teamwork, skill-development, and the fundamentals of the game.
This non-contact program is a perfect way for kids and teens to learn foundational football skills, get active, meet new friends, and have fun! Flag promotes a positive football experience with an emphasis on safety.
- Co-ed play for boys and girls
- Divisions are formed by age or grade, depending on league
- Gameplay is focused on fun, fair, and safe gameplay
- Convenient game and practice times (check with your local league for practice times)
- Dedicated to the creating fun memories for players
A fun, engaging game-play that eliminates the safety concerns of tackle programs.
ALL ABOUT FLAG:
Flag Football vs other Gridiron game-play types
A safe game play focused on the fundamentals of the game. Recreational or Competitive emphasis options can vary by league location.
Who Is It For?
- Kids that love football but aren’t looking for a more rigorous play scheme.
- A Player looking to learn the basics of football such as running, passing, positioning, and play calling.
- League play varies from Recreational to Competitive based on location. Find your Local League to determine the level of play in your area.
When Does Flag Football Play?
- Games are once a week and practice may be once or twice per week.
- Many teams practice the hour before game, though this varies determined by coach and league.
- Depending on location, game schedules may be Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.
- Parents and players can expect to spend 2-3 hours at the field on game day.
- Leagues may offer pre-season activities, such as a Fundamentals Clinic or Skills Development Clinic.
What Is Included With Registration?
- Minimum of 6 scheduled games
- Gridiron Football Jersey
- Championship Awards to 1st Place in each division
- Certified Officials to enforce safe game play
All players will require some gear to play.
Gridiron Football is dedicated to ensuring players can participate and compete to their fullest while remaining safe. Because of this, certain gear is required for every game type. Gear requirements may vary by league location.
Equipment can be purchased during your registration process, or from the Gridiron Gear Shop.
|Soft-shell Helmet||Arm sleeve|
|Shorts without Pockets||Practice Football|
*Required gear may vary based on local league standards
Gridiron Football teams are coached by volunteers who are devoted to putting the wellness and experience of their players first.
Our commitment to parents, players and coaches is to provide the best game day experience possible, focused on creating safe and fun youth football events for all. We take this commitment to heart on and off the field, and it is manifest every game day. From game play on the field to service and support by our dedicated game day staff and operations team — we place customer experience first.
The Gridiron Game Day Promise means you can rely on us to provide a consistently exceptional experience no matter what game style you play or where you play it.